Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Road Trippin'

Instead of my usual blah blah blah, I'm going to give you the past week in pictures. I was away in the midwest to be a bridesmaid in the wedding of a dear friend. To get there, I drove 13 hours in a car with my mom, my grandmother, and my aunt. They stayed at my uncle's house and I continued on to the home of my friend 2 hours further. I got to spend a great 3 nights with her before she got married this past Saturday.


 
[me and momma]

 [our main driver, my mom]

[rest stop!]

[car shot! gotta love that humidity!]

[the flower farm we went to to pick our own bouquets for the wedding had a million kittens!]

[I was in heaven. They were everywhere. I kept finding more!]

[seriously! how! cute! is! he!]

[Alicia's "something blue" was her pedicure! Love it!]
 
[quick shot of my manicure. those are my own nails, just with polish. I was impressed!]
 
[the farm kitties were so friendly!]
 
[Miss Effie's was the name of the flower farm]
 
[oh, did I forget to mention it was like 115 degrees with the heat index - record breaking heat in the midwest this past week! We were drenched with sweat and looked like a hot mess by the time all the flowers were picked, but I had a blast!]
 
[Alicia and her mom consulting with the lady who owns the flower farm]
 
[poor momma cat was so hot feeding one of her kittens that she was panting and sweating, poor girl. It was way too hot for them.]
 
[the cute bride-to-be setting up the reception venue with me and her mom]
 
[hair trial!]
 
[very lovely]
 
  
[pic their pastor took of me at the rehearsal dinner]
 
  
[first look at each other]
 
  
[just a quick pic of the beautiful bride from my seat on the wedding party bus]
 
 
[home, home again]

4 comments:

Hyl said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS! A flower farm with a million adorable cats! You know...I do have a degree in horticulture...and a lot of cats...I should open up a place like this in the south, LOL! XD Really, though, it looks like you had a great time! The bride looked lovely! Glad your travels went safely :)

Sia Jane said...

I am so happy for Alicia.
Please send my love to her <3

And cute pictures.
The cats **dies**

I love you and I love seeing you have such a wonderful break like this :)

Alice said...

Alicia got married! Yay! Ahh this makes me so happy, to see her so happy. I've lost touch with so many of the girls from BF but please pass on my congratulations to her. Ahh so lovely :) X

Jacquelineand.... said...

How on earth did I miss this? It looks like a wonderful (hot and humid!) time with love and kittens all around!